Aloha ❤️ This morning I was frazzled on what to eat for breakfast. That’s when I decided to make an impromptu breakfast sandwich using ingredients on hand. This sandwich turned out amazing and is one of my new favorite breakfast treats.
• 1 bottle of your favorite jarred marinara sauce
• English muffins
• Shredded cheddar cheese
• 2 eggs
• Olive oil
•Sprinkle of salt & pepper
•Butter or Margarine
1) Cut the english muffins lengthwise and place the halves in a toaster on medium high heat setting. You want the muffins to be well done so that it can hold the weight of the marinara and egg.
2) Heat a pan with a drizzle of olive oil on medium high heat. Add the marinara . Warm the sauce thoroughly.
3) While the sauce heats up, fry your egg any style. I prefer the yolks to be cooked fully so that it doesn’t run through the marinara. However, the yolk can add richness to the sauce if you prefer your eggs runny. Poached eggs can work too. This recipe is flexible for change so I recommend you to alter it to your own preference.
4) Take the muffins out of the toaster and spread a tablespoon of butter on both sides. Then, on the larger side of the muffin , spoon a few tablespoons of the sauce. Place the fried egg on top of the muffin w/ sauce. Sprinkle some cheese. The heat of the eggs and marinara will cause the cheese to melt. Lastly, put the second smaller side of the english muffin onto the sandwich. Voilà, your breakfast is ready!